Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Healing, Recovery and the Blessings of Others

Hi everyone, If you are already on Facebook you may have seen some of these posts, but for the benefit of those of you who are not I'm copying some of the updates that Dani posted on Facebook for you to all have the blessing of reading. 

Cliff and Dani received their I-Pad on Monday and Dani is typing beautiful posts on Facebook! Here is a picture they posted this morning!!!




(A facebook post from Dani)


I was thinking though and when we started this journey it could've been a dark scary road and trust me there are moments. But this has grown our faith and really cemented so much of the Bible and God's truths for us. I never wanted Cordelia to go through this but since she had to I see that there have been way more blessings than bad things.




(A second post from Dani)

At first we started trying to think of one thing we were grateful for. Like at least her lungs work well, she has a functioning brain, her heart beats wonderful. You get the idea.....today I was thinking of what we had to be grateful for and there was SO much I don't think there's a computer big enough to store it all. 

I know we're not "out of the woods" yet but I know with everything in me that God will make her well and we will get home to "regular" family life. At the beginning of this another patient family said everybody's normal is different. it really is true and what a relief that statement has been! There are so many things to give thanks for. 

I wanted to say......to our families, friends, church family (the one we attend and the many other churches that have heard of us or someone we know is a member and have been praying us through this. What a marvelous example of how the church body works as God's out stretched arms) coworkers, neigh
bors, nurses, doctors, pca's, the cleaning staff, basically the entire hospital staff and liver team, pediatricians, obgyn staff, the blood draw lady at the kaleida lab on sheridan, the wonderful case workers at bluecross, our employers, acquaintances, and even kind strangers....thank you!!!! 





I know this is terribly in adequate way to thank you all. I'm sure i've probably missed some people. You've blessed us more than I could ever put into words or even imagined was possible. There has been such an outpouring of love, We are awed and humbled. Through prayers(our largest need), cards, letters, baked goods, home cooked meals, thoughtful care packages, the way you've all loved on our daughter, conversations, texts, prayer warriors, visits, helping us make ends meet....we've been so blessed. I'm missing so much here. Thank you all! When we get home I have a hug for everyone of you! 





I really don't know how we will thank everyone. I can't wait to be able to start serving in the church again and volunteering so we can help others like we've been helped. God is so good! He's given us so much of His favor. Held us through this. The promises He makes like, "I will never leave nor forsake you. I know the plans I have for you plans for good and not evil" I know it may seem odd to some He doesn't want our children to suffer this is a fallen world, but He really has taken care of us through all of you and so much of His grace and mercy. Even just the peace He brought before surgery, such a big amazing loving God! Thank you all.




I was thinking though and when we started this journey it could've been a dark scary road and trust me there are moments. But this has grown our faith and really cemented so much of the Bible and God's truths for us. I never wanted Cordelia to go through this but since she had to I see that there have been way more blessings than bad things.




(Cliff and Dani's comment on the blog after receiving all of those wonderful food cards and then the I-Pad...which by the way, Cliff told me yesterday he and Dani picked up some I-tunes gift cards so that they can start downloading music and they were watching "Too Cute" (from Animal Planet) with Cordelia yesterday!!!)


Thank you to all those who contributed to the I-Pad. Your generosity is so humbling. We appreciate this so much! It will come in very handy. I believe I should be able to figure Skype out. Although I am a bit of a Luddite and generally speaking err toward the old fashioned way of doing things part of my job at Verizon was helping people set up their devices. I ve never really used much of the stuff myself though. If anyone who would like to Try skype with us and is quite patient, please contact one of our phones or Facebook and we'll give it a go.

I know Cliff misses watching football with George, it's a bit of a tradition. I think being able to watch the game and at least guy talk with him later will really make him happy!! Previously he's been trying to do that on a 3x5 screen at least when we're not trying to make sure our little ninja isn't trying to take tubes out. I was concerned for the potential eye damage it was causing. 

We really appreciate the outpouring of love with meal cards. You've all been more than generous. I'm still humbled by the generosity we've experienced. I lost a bit of weight in the surgery recovery process and really appreciate the meal cards. Thank you. I think Cliff was able to catch a picture of Cordelia smiling this morning and I will try to post it later. I know we're not totally out of the woods" yet and won't be for awhile. Up until now the best we hoped for is that she wouldn't get worse, that she would hold steady. God gave her a fighters spirit. This is the first time in 5 months I can look at her daily and see Cordelia getting better. It is a miracle! God is so good! 

2 comments:

  1. I just had to post a comment. I have been following your story for a few weeks now. My 7 month old niece passed away a year ago, this month. She had a similar disease as your baby's. She needed a liver transplant and one never become available. By the time the doctors realized that a deceased liver was not coming her way, a living donor was not an option anymore, because they said she was too sick. It was an awful realization and we are frustrated that they didn't give my sister that option (to test more living donors) before the baby got too sick. We try not to be upset about it- because it doesn't help anything. Everyone told us that we had the best doctors in the world and had her at the best hospital- we thought we were doing everything for her. But I just had to write a note and tell you how happy I am for your family. Your little girl looks a lot like my niece- and before her surgery they looked very similar- with the eye color and distended belly. You all are so blessed that your doctors and hospital gave you such wonderful options and that things worked out so beautifully. Good luck to you all! You can check out my sisters blog to read more about my nieces story: aniandmatttaylor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always thinking of this adorable little girl and your incredible family in my prayers. Thank you for sharing this story and it's wonderful to hear the positive thinking and outpouring of love. God Bless <#

    ReplyDelete