Wednesday, August 15, 2012

August 15th-- 1st Day Post-Op

Update from Cliff this morning...

8 a.m.

 "Long night but already improving. Dr. B said that they don't give out tens but Cordelia is a nine with where they expected her to be after the transplant. Dani was by before 6 a.m. this morning to see her. They both look absolutely amazing. Cordelia no longer has a big belly and is already a little lighter in color. God is Good."


10:02


Pictures from Katie:

Cordelia recovering in ICU

Cordelia's current "Tree of Life"
A text from Dani on Monday (before surgery)She sent this picture to me with a note that said "Or liver?"
Don't worry, it took me a minute to get it, but then I was laughing out loud! She makes me smile at the ways she finds humor and laughter in every situation...

Cliff yesterday in the waiting room doing what he does best in crazy situations-- puts a smile on and lifts something heavy!!

As for prayer requests today-- when I talked to Katie at 9:30 she said the biggest challenge right now is that because Cordelia's body is trying to figure out how to use a new liver (which is an adult liver) that her body is processing the pain medication far too fast and every 1/2 hour or so she is in significant pain. Continue praying for her body to accept the liver, and for her and Dani to have good recoveries. 



(NOTE: So many of you responded so quickly that Cliff and Dani are set on meal cards for now. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!!!)
Also, if you'd like to bless Cliff and Dani in a tangible way this week, they are running out of meal cards (Cliff will probably cringe when he reads that I'm even putting this out there, but hey, I'm his sister!!!). Cincinnati Children's hospital offers these cards for $5 a piece...each card buys one meal which is then sent to their hospital room (they call and order from a menu). Dani can't eat just yet (but Cliff can!), but they will be there for at least another 3-5 weeks with Cordelia as she recovers (and then they will move into the Ronald McDonald House more permanently for another month or two). Because they are not "patients" they would otherwise need to pay for their meals (2 people x 2-3 meals a day)

I've called and ordered anywhere from 6-10 at a time to have sent to their room and I know some of their friends from church have sent some too. These are super helpful to them while they are staying in the hospital because it is so convenient (and its a GREAT deal for the amount of food they get). 

You can call guest services at this number 513-636-5009, tell them the patient's name (you can give them Danielle Minter if you do it this week--- she'll be placed in a regular hospital room later today, while Cordelia will remain in ICU), give them a credit card right over the phone and they will deliver directly to the patient's room. 

Many thanks for the SOOOO many ways you have all helped in the last few weeks and months! Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. 



3 comments:

  1. I will def do this. Lisa you're a blessing as well keeping everyone updated with news....I'm checking this all the time and I'm at work in training...so I peek at my iphone any chance I get....So thank you so much....I miss her a lot and I want to visit Dani and her family so bad in OHIO but I can't take my little one for a long road trip just yet.....God bless and thanks again.....and Dani if you're reading this, I'm typing, eating goldfish and being a jersey cow again...if you get my drift.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is so good to us all! Thank you for the updates. We are continuing to pray everyday for your whole family. I am so glad that the surgeries were successful. Tell Dani to rest up, she is an amazing mommy and she has made the ultimate sacrifice and everything is going to work out! I just have a good feeling about this. See you at the benefit!!!

    Serena (DeSantis) Lubacz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been following the blog via Katie she used to be my small group bible study leader! My mom and I called today and ordered some cards for them. So glad to help! :)I

    ReplyDelete